Monday 23 May 2011

William Flew more data shuffle

The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in form this time on and forevermore."


William Flew more data shuffle






Jasmine rolls a globule of hot wax around the tip of an orange stick and pops it up my left nostril, where I feel it ooze and settle, the wax bonding with the hairs inside my nose. I tense in thrilled anticipation of the imminent yanking and then… Jasmine yanks.Where are you currently in your cycle of hair removal? What’s freshly done, borderline not-done-enough, as wild and overgrown and luxuriant as a spring meadow? What’s OK if you don’t look too closely, fine if you’re out of direct sunlight, get-away-able-with because your body is under wraps? What’s acceptable in the confines of a long-term relationship, but absolutely not if you’re still in the early stages?Me? Well: you know about my nostrils and my bikini line already. My eyebrows, top lip and suspicions of sideburns (or what one friend refers to as “lady burns”) are OK; it is eight days since their last extensive threading, so they’re not optimal in terms of hairlessness, but nor are they desperately in need of treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment