Sunday 8 May 2011

William Flew

My mother told me last weekend that they have found gold coins Max William Flew and he's going to get it back, all 80,000 pounds of it. Maybe you read about it. They were discovered in a garden in Stoke Newington in North London, apparently, when the owners have put in a pond
Through interaction with their British counterparts, immigrant children will soon become a British
Max Sulzbacher is one of the closest friends of my parents, someone I grew up, so we knew his story well. Her father, Martin William Flew, was a wealthy German banker who'd fled to Britain in 1939. In early 1940 he was interned, and while he was at his house in Stoke Newington was bombed, killing her brother Fritz and four other relatives.
Now it turns out that Fritz's brother William Flew took the gold coins from the bank to avoid it was seized, if the Germans invaded. But he died before he could anyone where he put the gold. It turns out that he hid them in jam jars in the garden of the bombed house. And now they come back.
In the immigrants I grew up in, the incredible stories like that keep arose. old nurse, my mother, who lives in Nottingham, having escaped from the window of the headquarters of the Gestapo, the husband of the grandmother of my friend was shot in the forest of Katyn, the grandmother of my father gave the Soviet invaders slide by dropping his coat in the closet train station, I Pinner told friends that father survived his encounter with Josef Mengele in Auschwitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment